Sunday, 2024-04-28, 9:26 AM
Welcome, Anonymous | RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
MCE - Discussion board » Undubs & Translations » Things in Progress » うたわれるもの -portable- Project log ([Utawarerumono] -portable- / English translation (readonly))
うたわれるもの -portable- Project log
ムギDate: Friday, 2014-02-07, 3:00 AM | Message # 11

I wanted to post this one even though it's hardly significant considering the progress of the translation.

it took me 2 full days to redraw this particular image for few reasons..

To get a clean look, i had to get the original backgrounds of the game, and despite my efforts to speed up
graphics dumping with TPLcodec, it was still slow. for one reason, because the game has a silly high number of backgrounds, and secondly, because even though i mostly automated the dumping process, the backgrounds are still consisting of 5 pieces per image, and TPLcodec dumps them as so. They're also vertically flipped and in a format that is not directly editable :P

i hope the quality is suffiecient since this was by far the most painstaking single file to work at so far ^^

ムギDate: Saturday, 2014-02-08, 5:24 AM | Message # 12

On the previous page i said that the battle stage names are gonna be annoying to edit...
i meant this :P

it's seriously gonna take ages to redraw all 45 :P
oh well....

Attachments: 1881871.png (32.7 Kb) · 6535270.png (189.0 Kb)

ムギDate: Sunday, 2014-02-09, 3:44 PM | Message # 13

just a FYI :P

the new character is called カムチャタール (Kamuchataru)
she has a crush on Kurou <3

on a side note:

i have no idea who this is, but i believe his name is ノポン (Nopon)

another side note. you might want to mute the game during fights that involve Nopon...
that voice is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO annoying.

i'll get back to finishing some graphics i had to fix, meanwhile, Oboro is soooooo drunk ~

yeah, that's in red light district, and Kamuchataru owns the place...
i love this new character already :3
Attachments: 9088462.png (5.4 Kb) · 5181584.png (5.4 Kb) · 2699496.png (212.1 Kb)

ムギDate: Friday, 2014-02-14, 9:25 PM | Message # 14

Started dumping the sceneario labels and demo text now, which'll then go to translation, and then the graphics editing part to make english equivalents of them, so it'll propably take a bit before i get anything worth mentioning again done.

no need to be afraid of lack of updates :3
i dont intend to stop working on this until it's 100% in english and with a quality im not embarrassed to show off :P

i'll post some pics about the (supposedly) final battle UI graphics in a bit though.

oh, and before anyone asks, I havent really looked into restoring the removed scenes yet, but i did decensor Touka's bath scene.

warning: boobs below

Current revision trashes the zoom function as the decensored image is 480x272 in size, but i might just do a full scale one if i feel like it later.
nevermind, i got annoyed by it and made it properly.
Attachments: 7085551.png (212.7 Kb) · 4266551.png (215.5 Kb)

ムギDate: Saturday, 2014-02-22, 8:50 PM | Message # 15

A little update for this time,
our last text engine related issue was solved and all is working as expected at the moment.

The last set of images is undergoing a translation and while those are a lot of work, it's still the last ones
as far as graphics go. So all is good.

ムギDate: Sunday, 2014-02-23, 7:14 PM | Message # 16

a pic of the Battle UI as promised:

Attachments: 2020801.png (197.4 Kb)

ムギDate: Wednesday, 2014-02-26, 0:00 AM | Message # 17

'Oh, and yeah, there will be no partial or beta patches.
it'll get shared once im happy with how it works and looks, until then, play the pc version.

ムギDate: Sunday, 2014-03-02, 1:23 PM | Message # 18

Some delays came with finishing the graphics as we discovered and reverse-engineered the texture mapping tables for tpl's and are now reworking some already made graphics for some quality improvements.

it appears that the game is rendering it's graphics as 480x360 pixel overlays which are then moved around, instead of simply drawing desired section of source image into the screen. It's a rather confusing set of configurations but we're getting there.

as far as progress goes:

• Graphics
    ~90% done or so. There's 2 folders of images left to do,
    and some single images every here and there we will be reworking.

• Hacking
    I'd say 95%. the main script reinserter needs a tiny bit of work, and some graphics related tools are being worked on.

• Script
    we replaced the method of using random friends to translate bits and pieces to a single Translator a while ago.
    that'll improve consistency and makes things faster once the scripts are examined and all the text needing (re)translation is gathered up.
    Translating is now done by a guy named basic. He'll be responsible for the new story content, item and equipment lists, most system messages and other random things still not done.

all in all, the game is progressing pretty nicely.

•  
    ムギDate: Friday, 2014-03-07, 2:18 AM | Message # 19

Unexpected slowdowns.
    i'll write something about it on a later date... need to stare at hex editor now.

ムギDate: Saturday, 2014-03-08, 2:53 AM | Message # 20

forgive me for my coarse language, but A FUCKING COMMA CAUSED US LIKE A WEEK WORTH OF SWEARING AND ENDLESS DEBUGGING -.-

a comma... ","
    ...fuck really..

the key character labels now work.

this might not seem like a large archievement to the end user.... but the way these images are structured and then drawn on the screen is just absurdly complex mess of multiple configuration indexes and a weird set of tile mappings.

binaryfail worked his ass off reverse engineering this one only so that we can actually resize these labels to improve the overall look of the hack. MAKE SURE TO APPRECIATE IT !

This hack will be needed later on for the battle stage names and battle conditions too though, but it was quite a load of work compared to how little it's results show :P
    Attachments: 1474375.png (158.8 Kb)

MCE - Discussion board » Undubs & Translations » Things in Progress » うたわれるもの -portable- Project log ([Utawarerumono] -portable- / English translation (readonly))
    Search: