Monday, 2024-04-29, 8:01 AM
Welcome, Anonymous | RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
MCE - Discussion board » Undubs & Translations » Things in Progress » [PSP] Shinseiki Evangelion: Girlfriend of Steel 2nd (English Translation Project)
[PSP] Shinseiki Evangelion: Girlfriend of Steel 2nd
ムギDate: Friday, 2011-07-29, 7:19 AM | Message # 1

Now that i managed to completely beat the structure of this game, it's time for some work to be done.

removed the images, the more recent versions are in a later post

it appears that it's possible to use properly alpha channeled png's instead of the original bitmap graphics.
that's a good thing, there's more than a little I wanted to change since the game really looks as old as it is despite being ported to psp.

just a side note though: if you don't like the idea that Im going to modify the game instead of plain translating it, that's just too bad for you, since Im doing this for me and myself, not you smile

I want to bring it just a little bit more up to date, the 256x256 pixel 8bit bitmaps just quite wont cut it for me.

ムギDate: Friday, 2011-07-29, 10:53 PM | Message # 2

removed images, more recent screenshots at a later post

ムギDate: Wednesday, 2011-08-03, 6:34 PM | Message # 3

the screenshots above are a little old now. I made some fixes and adjustments pretty much everywhere...

as for the prgress of this translation, only 2 short scenes are yet actually translated in-game, even though the translator is hard at work and im struggling to keep up :P

the reason not more was yet added to the game was that i only added 2 pieces and used these to test and debug the way the game handles the english text and whatnot.

there's couple bugs i had to resolve (already done!!) and one more bug that, while annoying, is not really game breaking so i'll leave that for later. it's a little hard to fix too...

aside that, i had the text engine work like i want it to now so i'll start on adding more text today, and hopefully get something properly done over the weekend.

ムギDate: Sunday, 2011-08-07, 0:31 AM | Message # 4

ムギDate: Saturday, 2011-08-20, 4:33 PM | Message # 5

slow days are slow....
no, the translation is not abandoned, we've been busy as of late.

i found this awesome vn for psp, chaos head noah... It's a good thing i already reverse engineered 5pb's engine while researching Memories Off Yubikiri no Kioku Futari no Fuuryuuan back a while ago...

oh well, back to works.

ムギDate: Saturday, 2012-01-21, 1:18 AM | Message # 6

well well...

for that one reader who might ever see this post..
the projects currently halted since my translator is currently MIA and hasn't logged in or contacted me in any way for the past few months now...

i can't read moonrunes so that's about it then i guess, until sinnespiel decides to let me know what's going on..

KenshinDate: Monday, 2012-08-13, 8:09 PM | Message # 7

What a waste all you needed for your project was having a translator. I think I might have helped looking for one if I would have knownn that earlier. Anyway great job Mugi for all the great project you've made. I'll check here every now and then.

France love Japanese games. biggrin

Shinde Kudasai

ムギDate: Monday, 2012-08-13, 9:14 PM | Message # 8

well, shit happens they say...
i'll get back to this someday i guess... it's far too close of being finished to just be thrown into dumpster.

i got a pile of scripts not yet implemented and if all else fails i'll just make a patch for the non-finished translation.
after i add everything that Sinnespiel did to the game, it should be around 50-60% translated (or something close to that anyway)

redzero36Date: Thursday, 2013-02-14, 8:10 AM | Message # 9

Is this still on hiatus? I was doing random searches for Evangelion and stumbled upon this. Man if you do release a partial could you post it? I'd love to try it out.  but I do hope you continue this.

ムギDate: Monday, 2013-02-18, 8:49 PM | Message # 10

well this thing is currently still on ice..
haven't had time to implement the missing scripts and i shill haven't heard anything about sinnespiel...

im not switching TL:er halfway either so either he'll complete it or it doesn't get done.

if i do finish implementing what he translated already i will eventually hand it out for people propably along with the tools to complete it. A resident coder friend of mine, lmz wrote a nifty piece of php to allow easy handling of the game data. And the script formats and so are straightorward to work with too so it wouldn't take much work to ever finish it.

either way... we'll see smile

MCE - Discussion board » Undubs & Translations » Things in Progress » [PSP] Shinseiki Evangelion: Girlfriend of Steel 2nd (English Translation Project)
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Search: